Smoked Pork Carnitas are a delicious spin on traditional Mexican carnitas and make the most amazing tacos! Perfect for any night of the week or for an epic game day taco bar!
Pork tacos are always a favorite at our house. I’ve made them from my Coca-Cola Braised Pork Loin a few times but these Smoked Carnitas make the best tacos ever!
I found a huge pork butt on sale and saved it for a rainy weekend. You see if it’s raining, there’s more time for hanging out around the house rather than building fence or baling hay. Our whole life revolves around the weather on the ranch.
- Pat Pork Butt dry with paper towels.
- Sprinkle with dry rub: brown sugar, Mrs Dash, kosher salt, black pepper and garlic.
- Prepare grill with hickory grilling wood.
- Place pork butt over indirect heat and close the grill.
- Smoke for 1 hour per pound at about 250-300 degrees, until internal temperature reaches 195 degrees.
Pork butt is so versatile. It is great for feeding a crowd or you can make several meals from one roast.