Mexican chicken wraps – tortilla wraps stuffed with cooked chicken seasoned with taco seasoning, chopped spinach, chopped tomatoes, green onions, red onions, bell pepper, and Cheddar cheese. Serve these chicken wraps with Ranch dressing or for a healthier dressing, mix Greek yogurt with the taco seasoning and chopped cilantro.
These Mexican chicken wraps are also great to pack for lunch. I do that sometimes and take them to work: wrap them tightly in plastic wrap the night before and refrigerate! You don’t even have to have all the ingredients: if you’re missing 1 or 2 ingredients, these chicken wraps will still turn out fine. You don’t have to have bell peppers (optional), tomatoes, or even green onions – even though, if you do have all ingredients on hand – use them all!
This recipe is great for using up that bland leftover chicken you might have in the refrigerator (heat it up in the microwave or on stove top and toss with a little bit of taco seasoning). Or, quickly cook raw chicken from scratch in olive oil and taco seasoning.
Prep Time:30 mins Cook Time:15 mins Total Time:45 mins
Mexican Chicken Wraps – tortillas stuffed with chicken cooked in taco seasoning, spinach (or lettuce), green onions, red bell pepper, and shredded cheddar cheese. Serve these with Greek yogurt based dressing, spiced up with the taco seasoning. Or, alternatively, use Ranch dressing.
Course: Main Course Cuisine: Mexican Servings: 10 servings Calories: 271 kcal
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 chicken breasts , skinless, boneless
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 6 cups spinach , shredded
- 3 tomatoes , diced
- 4 green onions , chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion , chopped
- 1 red bell pepper , thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese , shredded
- 10 flour tortilla wraps or gluten-free tortillas or sandwich wraps
- 1/2 cup Ranch salad dressing
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning or more
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro , chopped
- Season the chicken breasts with taco seasoning on both sides. Heat the skillet on medium-high heat, add oil, then sear chicken about 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and keep the skillet covered to allow chicken to continue cooking off heat until no longer pink in the middle. Cool the breasts then slice them into small cubes
- Combine other ingredients (spinach, tomatoes, green onions, red onion, red bell pepper, grated sharp cheddar cheese) and cubed chicken (from step 1) in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with the desired amount of Ranch dressing (or Greek yogurt based dressing), and toss.
- Spoon the chicken and spinach mixture evenly on top of tortilla. Roll up. Use tooth picks at two opposite ends of each tortilla to help it hold it together, if desired. Serve immediately. Or, remove tooth picks, wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate.
Mexican Chicken Wraps
Amount Per Serving (1 g)
Calories 271Calories from Fat 126% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14g22%
Saturated Fat 5g25%
Total Carbohydrates 20g7%
Dietary Fiber 2g8%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.