This is a dish I created using the “Instant” Ramen or Ichiban Noodle package. I used the spice it came with as my spices with a touch of my own ingredients.
OTHER GREAT RECIPE USING INSTANT NOODLES:This Instant Noodles are great in salads, too! Prepare noodles to a crisp using your oven, then mixed with lettuce, shredded cabbage, shredded carrots and then mix the spice packet with 1 tsp. brown sugar, shredded ginger and sesame oil for your dressing. Very good to create your own Asian Salad recipe. (You can add anything you desire)
Prep:10 Min Cook:20 Min
- 2-3 pkg ramen noodles (any flavor)
- 1 pkg ramen spice packet (in ramen pkg)
- 1/4 medium cabbage (1/2″ cubes)
- 1 large carrot (split in half and wedged cut)
- 2 sprig(s) green onions (1″ cut)
- 1 clove garlic (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger (shedded)
- 1/2 medium onions (sliced)
- 1 c chicken breast (thin sliced)
- 6 medium shrimp (optional)
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 c water, as needed
- 2 c bean sprouts
- 2 Tbsp red pickled ginger (for garnish)
- 3 pinch furikake sprinkles (any asian market)
how to make japanese yakisoba ramen
- Saute onions, garlic and ginger. Once they turn translucent, add the chicken and stir fry for 5 minutes or until cooked.
- Add soy sauce and ramen spice (packet) and stir well. Add carrots, green onions and cabbage cover for 1 minute. Add sesame oil and cover.
- Add the ramen dry noodles with 1/4 cup water and bring to boil. Using 2 spatulas, lift and toss noodles to mix with meat and veggies. Add the bean sprouts and cover and let it simmer until the noodles are cooked.
- Serve in a bowl or plate. Sprinkle furikake on top and garnish with the red pickled ginger and chopped green onions.
Furikake Tip: (Available at any Asian Market) Sprinkle over hot rice and also use when making your own home made Sushi!